Hospitals Staffing Levels Improve With RCM Solutions
There’s no doubt that healthcare workers are the backbone of the health service, so it makes sense for a healthcare provider to manage their staffing levels in a strategic manner. Healthcare revenue cycle management consulting services (RCM) help hospitals to meet staffing needs while saving money. This cost-effective approach is gaining momentum as healthcare providers strive to offer excellent care while meeting business needs.
The Market Is Changing
Nowadays healthcare workers enjoy the freedom of being able to work flexibly and at different locations, because they don’t like the idea of being tied down to one place. Also, they like to make the most of the opportunities that arise at any given time, because they understand that this will add to their employment portfolio. This model is also beneficial for healthcare providers, as it makes the process of hiring skilled staff easier, and because contract workers often get paid a little more than in-house staff, they don’t have to offer benefit packages.
According to Global Human Capital Trends 2015 series, more than one-third of all workers in the United States are contract workers. What’s more, just over half of all respondents say that their need for contingent workers will continue to grow over the next three to five years as the market shifts toward a more agile workforce.
Contract Workers on Demand
Many firms rely on contract staff to meet supply and demand, but with hospitals, the need for contingent workers is even greater, because they simply can’t afford to be understaffed. Healthcare providers constantly need to meet their patients’ needs so that they can provide a good level of care.
Nearterm’s 360 Managed Services can help you meet your staffing needs by meeting with you to discuss your requirements. Project staffing involves meeting with one of our experts to ascertain the type of workers you are looking for. This will include skill set, the scope of work, project details, schedule and other related matters. Once this has been established, we gather the resources you need and arrange for them to be there as and when you need them, both on-site and remote.
Revenue Cycle Management Service
RCM services manage a number of business-related tasks so that you can get on with what you do best: caring for your patients. These RCM services include:
- Situation Analysis — Objective operations assessment to facilitate planning and decision-making processes.
- Operations Action Plans — The plan of action process is a proprietary service wherein Nearterm leads your organization through a very structured process aimed at establishing targeted change.
- Implementation Assistance — We deliver the additional ”horsepower” you need when implementing certain planned activities.
- Organization Development — Our team of professionals serves as the catalyst your organization needs in the development process.
- Centralization and Decentralization — We specialize in assisting providers with all aspects of centralization and decentralization, from the earliest consideration through the continuum.
In addition to RCM services, we also:
- Present customized training programs
- Develop and document policies and procedures
- Provide conversion assistance
- Design reporting packages
- Tailor our services to meet your organization’s specific needs
RCM services help you to plan better so you can deliver top-quality care in this increasingly competitive market. Hospital finance departments are often under pressure to crunch the numbers and balance the books. But without careful planning, recruiting staff can be more expensive than it should be. If you want to find out more about what we can do for your organization, please get in touch.